Monday, April 15, 2013

Social Bookmark Tools

ClipClip

ClipClip is a social bookmarking tool that has the name to describe its use. ClipClip, clipclip.org/  allows you to scrapbook information you find on the internet and collect all in one area. If you find and article of interest and a picture of the same interest on another site, just "clip clip" and add to your page. This application is free and would be beneficial for personal use. I can remember when I was young, spending time cutting out articles and pictures in magazines. I was only able to complete a few sheets of my interest colaborated all together. The rest of my cut outs where found in a pile; a pile called, wasted time.  Unorganized and forgotten.
I am looking forward to starting my own page of different interest to share with friends and family.


Stumble Upon

Stumble Upon is a bookmarking website that logs and tracks your interest, buying history, likes and more.
At Stumble Upon, http://www.stumbleupon.com/ you create your account answering questions about interest. Once you have this account, it may be hard to revert back to google for it will skip all of the non-interest in your search. Keeping track of where you shop, what you like and give you the most resourceful site used on the internet. I am excited to find a bookmark that will cut out the middle man and not have me spend wasted time on the internet. This would definitely be my personal go to site when shopping online.
There are many users on Stumble Upon, you can be a public or private user by choice.
I learned that there is a default to using this bookmark. There is no option to enter into the direct link of a site, for you have to copy and paste the tail of that link into another browser. This is because Stumble Upon wants you to stay inside their site rather than being sent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment