Monday, April 8, 2013

Home Remedy for Psoriasis

Psoriasis has controlled my life for over ten years. Psoriasis is a hereditary skin condition that appears as red, scaly itchy patches throughout the body . There are many levels of psoriasis, from minimal to severe cases. No matter what stage one may be categorized into, Psoriasis is life changing. Seeing a dermatologist is helpful. The treatments prescribed are all temporary relief pharmaceutical drugs. There is no cure for Psoriasis.
I had to find a better form of relief. On my search to find natural treatment options, I found coconut oil to be a very popular and common suggestion. Needing relief, I decided to test this option. For two weeks I have been placing coconut oil directly on my skin and ingesting it as well, by cooking or adding a tablespoon to food. I have noticed that there is less inflammation and my skin does not itch as much as it use to. I am going to continue this application and will keep you posted on the one month result.
I would love to hear of any other suggestions for natural home remedies to help with this evil skin condition, Psoriasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment